literatureteacher on An Argument for Sustained Sile… Joy Kirr on An Argument for Sustained Sile… literatureteacher on Mini-Lesson: You’re the… Benjamin Doxtdator (… on Mini-Lesson: You’re the… Mandy Van Deven on 5 Must-Read Books for Sum…
- The Power of the (Informal) Peer Observation
- Furniture in the Collaborative Classroom: Desks with wheels may be overrated
- Interrogating Language and Power with Amy Tan’s “Mother Tongue”
- Reflections on being a student
- Reflections on Co-Teaching
- Checklists to Promote Learning (and Independence):
- What if teachers had more time?
- Thinking Out Loud: What if Universities Harnessed the Power of K-12 Teachers?
- Wish List: “Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad
- Application Season is Here & “Undermatching” is Still a Problem
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
- Follow High School English Page on WordPress.com
Monthly Archives: August 2015
If you haven’t read Jeff Charbonneau’s recent EdWeek post calling for teachers to elevate the teaching profession by emphasizing their own expertise, read it now. He suggests that teachers downplay their achievements because of pressure (self-imposed, and sometimes enforced by … Continue reading
Here are a few outlets that publish writing from teachers. Please help me add to the list! Op-Ed Pieces EdWeek Teacher Edutopia Teaching Tolerance Writers Who Care SmartBlogs Washington Post Lesson Plans ReadWriteThink
Why ask a female model to pose in this way?
Something to consider as the 2015-16 school year begins: